[mythtv-users] VPDAU patches

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Sat Feb 14 20:04:44 UTC 2009

Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> I've recently came into a 9500GT (G96) video card and was hoping to give
> the vpdau features a spin.  I've gotten as far as installing the nvidia
> drivers (180.29) and everything seems to be working.  So I started
> collecting the patches etc for mythtv, xine, mplayer, ffmpeg, etc.
> Searched for about 30 minutes, everything is scattered all over the
> place, most of what I find is ubuntu based.  Has anyone tried vpdau on
> gentoo (at least compiling the patched apps), if so where did you get
> the patches for mythtv, mplayer, xine, ffmpeg.

The source patches and patched sources for VDPAU are not distribution
specific and can be found at:

mythtv 0.21 patch: <http://www.avenard.org/files/mythtv-vdpau/>
mythtv trunk source: <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/>
mplayer patch/source <ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/vdpau/>
xine source <svn://jusst.de/xine-vdpau/>
ffmpeg source <http://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/>

I have had no trouble compiling them for MiniMyth.

Pre-built VDPAU enabled packages for specific distributions are another
story.