[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun corruption

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 08:08:20 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Michael D. O'Brien <obrienmd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've just started only ONE recording, and can verify that the network
>>> interface is still dropping tons of packets.  iostat shows < 10% utilization
>>> on each drive.
>>
>> What chipset is on the motherboard you are using, and what version of the
>> kernel?  I was seeing tons of dropped packets on my 780G chipset
>> motherboard... some googling found reports of others seeing this, and the
>> fix was upgrading to a newer kernel version.  Just a shot in the dark, but I
>> thought I'd throw it out there. :)
>
> Using 2.6.27 kernel, so pretty darn recent.  Chipset is P45, ethernet
> chipset is Realtek 8111C.

Any NIC related messages in your /var/log/messages?  I ask because I
have had problems with Realtek NICs in the past.  So bad I ended up
buying an Intel PCIe NIC for my mythbackend machine.

I have the 8111C in another linux box, which seems to be running fine
with 2.6.27, but I am not trying to constantly stream data to it,
either.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.