[mythtv-users] OT: Quality eSATA PMP controller

mikp mikpolniak at roadrunner.com
Sat Feb 14 00:16:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:45:05 -0800 (PST)
"Yan Seiner" <yan at seiner.com> wrote:

> OK, my eSATA controller crapped out.  I've just spent some time rebuilding
> arrays...
>
> Anyone using eSATA controllers with PMP support?  I'm looking for one,
> PCIe 1x, dual channel.  Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks,

I have been using a PCIe card with a Silicon Image 3132 controller for over a year.
Its plugged into a 4 bay drive box that has a Silicon Image 3726 port multiplier.

Its a no name card that came packaged with the drive box but i have seen these
on ebay for $20. Just make sure you get one with a Sil 3132 chip.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390012584628

My PMP Sil 3726 box has also worked succesfully with the motherboard built-in  esata contollers by JMicron 363 and Intel ICH9R.