[mythtv-users] Vdpau and Nvidia 8200, not enough resources?

Stefan Reichel stefan.reichel at rapid-net.de
Fri Feb 13 20:02:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 12:30 -0700, Travis Tabbal wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Stefan Reichel
> <stefan.reichel at rapid-net.de> wrote:
>
>         i use the Jetway NC62K-LF link:
>         http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/AMD3.html
>

> How do you like it? I've been considering building the next FE as an
> ITX based system.

To be honest the Jetway NC62K-LF was my second choice. My first joice
was the NC81-LF with a onboard Radeon 3200, but Ati drivers... . Both
boards are Mini-ITX boards, so optimal for a htpc.

Nevertheless the older NC62K-LF is great, everything works ;-) But there
were also some problems:

- Audio over HDMI works out of the box, but without volume control
-> solution: create a soft mixer

- 2D performance is not overwhelming, it's ok for surfing etc. But goom
music visualization with 1920x1080 falters(when using default settings).
-> solution: take projectm works perfect and has more effects

- Bios flashing is done in dos

I hope this helps, if you have still some questions ask.

Stefan