[mythtv-users] Can't run mythrename.sh from cron

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Feb 13 19:14:40 UTC 2009

I have a simple script to kick off mythrename. It's a file called
mythrename.sh. It contains:

#!/bin/bash
perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/mythrename.pl --link --underscores --format '%T %- %S %- %Y%m%d%G%i%s'

If I login as root I can run it fine. When I try to run it from crontab
with:
06,36 * * * * root /root/mythrename.sh

I get this email in root's email:
No config found; attempting to find mythbackend via UPnP.
No backends found.  Please copy //.mythtv/config.xml from a working MythTV installation
instead.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/mythrename.pl
line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/mythrename.pl
line 22.

How can I run this from crontab?

Thanks,
James