[mythtv-users] Device Guru - boxeebox cookbook blog

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Feb 13 18:27:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 08:18:58AM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
> Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the DeviceGuru has detailed
> his building of a $610 Ubuntu box to access boxee at:
>
> http://www.deviceguru.com/the-boxeebox-cookbook/
>
> He goes into a bit of detail. Satisfies much of what has been
> discussed recently for an HD box, except the price.

Something that is a mac mini replacement, even at the same
mac mini price is still progress. It's interesting how
expensive these sorts of little boxes can be if you try
and build them yourself (or buy from a Windows vendor).

[deletia]

A lot of us are looking forward to the prospect of slightly
tweaked Apple hardware. If we can do the tweaking ourselves
then that would be most cool.