[mythtv-users] pvr 150 and pchdtv 5500 wont play together

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 13 17:50:49 UTC 2009

On Friday 13 February 2009 10:20:41 les wrote:

> ah found the problem... i can't believe i missed it.. when i plugged in
> the 150 it unseated the 5500. the mb mounting screws are spaced
> different for this atx mb.
> so it is possible when pushing on the pci card in the first slot the
> board flexes just enough to unseat the back end of the second pci socket.

Thanks for posting your final answer, as it points out the sort of problem
that is far more common than most people realize.

It's amazing how many "electronic" problems can be discovered by a good pair
of eyeballs.

I thought the mounting hole spacing on motherboards was pretty well
standardized, but they are trying to cram so much stuff onto a board these
days that I suppose this sort of thing can happen, as it obviously did.

--
beww
beww at beww.org