[mythtv-users] pvr 150 and pchdtv 5500 wont play together

les lhigger at att.net
Thu Feb 12 19:11:55 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2009 21:52:23 les wrote:
>
>> have myth box with a 150 and 5500 cards..  if either one of the cards is
>> plugged in everything works fine.
>> if both plugged in only one card shows up in dmesg.  (pvr 150)
>>
>> 1. do i need to create /dev/video1 .  for the second card to be detected ?
>> 2. is this just a matter of switching the cards in there slots ?
>>
>> have second myth box with pvr350 and hd5500 and it works great.. same
>> myth ver. too.
>> must be something with the pvr150..  same motherboard too.
>>

> Same setup of motherboard BIOS? Maybe not, you may have an interrupt
> problem/contention. Check the settings.
>
> I don't think you should have to manually create any devices for either card.
> I never did for 4 capture cards.
>
> I suppose it's possible you have a marginal power supply in the machine giving
> you problems, with the load of both cards causing something to happen to make
> one of them invisible. Is it always the same card that is seen in the log? If
> it changes, I'd rule out one of the cards as the problem.
>
> You seem to have enough gear for swapping to give you some definitive answers.

its not a power supply problem  thats for sure.. both myth boxes are the
same except for one has a pvr350 and the other a 150.  i ll check the
bios settings today but i am not sure thats it either.
if i pull the 150 the system does see the 5500.  both loaded with same
mythdora software too.  this is a real gotcha .. must be something
simple i am missing..  i ll check the ir q settings but my guess is
thats not tweekable..  thanks brian i ll try a few more ideas

les