[mythtv-users] Lots of confusion as to which card(s) to buy for vdpau

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:49:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/10 Dan Christensen <jdc at uwo.ca>:
>> I'm considering getting an Asus P5N7A-VM motherboard which has a GeForce
>> 9300 onboard.  I see one report at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Vdpau
>> which says that One Field 1x HW playback works.  Has anyone tested this
>> with better de-interlacers?  Or can anyone estimate where this would lie
>> in Jean-Yves' family of cards?  I'm thinking it might handle VC-1 too.
>
> I've read various reports of failure due to heat with the Asus
> P5N7A-VM ; you may want to check that.
>
> The 9300 onboard is exactly the same as the 9400 but runs at a lower speed.
>
> So it should be in between the 8200 and 9400...
>
> It will do VC-1 just fine, only problems may be with deinterlarcer.
>
> Jean-Yves

anyone with a 9300IGP motherboard have any test results for 1080i
deinterlacing with vdpau?

neither of the 9400IGP boards Newegg carries quite work for what I
need but there are a couple 9300IGP boards that do.

the other option is upgrade my backend to support 12 harddrives so I
don't have a 6xSATA controller requirement for my frontend and then
sell my Silverstone LC16-S for a smaller/cheaper frontend case and buy
one of the 9400IGP boards...

--
Steve
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff