[mythtv-users] Commercial PVR offerings - is MythTv still competitive ?

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:38:03 UTC 2009

> Until 0.21 in February 2008 Bob was the best deinterlacer
> available. Sadly my frontend doesn't have the CPU horsepower for the
> Greedy and Yadif deinterlacers that 0.21 brought. Bob is also (aside
> from Greedy/Yadif) the only 2x deinterlacer, which means
> amazingly-smooth pans and movement when watching 1080i content on my
> (progressive) flat panel.

Just from my limited personal experience...   I'm running a >1 year old
fixes svn, but when I set it up for use on my 720p TV, bob was horribly
jittery looking to me, as were most of the other choices.  By far the best
of the options I had, was the kernel deinterlacer. It's the only one that
compares to my TVs built in deinterlacing, and it compares very well I might
add.  YMMV
-Jason