[mythtv-users] Commercial PVR offerings - is MythTvstill competitive ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 9 23:18:00 UTC 2009

On 02/09/2009 05:50 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> I for one think that the myth system can be cheaper. That was my reason for
> going with it in the beginning. We were paying $20 per month for the cable
> dvr.

Completely seriously, why would you opt to use a cable-co-provided DVR
for $20/mo instead of getting a good commercial DVR (TiVo) for $12.95
(or less) per month?  https://www3.tivo.com/store/plans.do

I thought the only draw of the cable-/sat-co-provided DVR's was that
they were cheaper than TiVo?

Mike