[mythtv-users] errors running mythfilldatabase uk

Paul Shepherd paul at whitelands.org.uk
Mon Feb 9 21:24:05 UTC 2009

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 08/02/2009, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at computer.org> wrote:
>> Nick Morrott wrote:
>>
>>> perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr/
>>> make
>>> make install
>>>

> I would guess that your tv_grab_uk_rt grabber script is currrent, but
> your XMLTV.pm library is still the old version (or you have multiple
> versions installed and perl is using the wrong one). Please search for
> all installation of XMLTV.pm and check their versions.

I am having similar problems with an FC8 system which has been upgraded
from FC4+6.  I have copies of XMLTV.pm in the following directories:

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/

Do I just delete /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XMLTV.pm and the XMLTV
directory (ie the old ones)?

Also I did the "perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr/" sequence but the file
/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt is dated 11/27/07 and reports version 1.121 -
does this mean the install did not work correctly?

The terminal output is at http://pastebin.ca/1331872 if that helps

TIA

paul