[mythtv-users] Apple Products as FEs

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Mon Feb 9 17:10:15 UTC 2009

>On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Eric Mesa
><<mailto:ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com>ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>1) How hard is it to just overwrite Apple TV with MythBuntu or Mythdora.
>+ It's pretty easy.  There are step-by-step instructions on
><http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/>http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/ that
>Scott Devilla put together - worked for me

That would be Davilla, not Devilla :)

>4) if 3) do I lose Myth FE every time there's an Apple TV update?
>+ Not sure

Any 3rd party additions get wipped as does the entire OSBoot
partition anytime the AppleTV is updated. There is a method to
disable AppleTV updates. It's pretty easy.

If you just want a FE to a mythtv backend, check out XBMC running
under the AppleTV OS. It has a functional FE for viewing mythtv
backend content. No scheduling functions but I tend to use mythweb
for that.