[mythtv-users] errors running mythfilldatabase uk

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 06:24:36 UTC 2009

On 08/02/2009, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at computer.org> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
>
> > perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr/
> > make
> > make install
> >

>  Hi Nick.
>
>  I did that (0.5.54 on top of Ubuntu 7.10 without uninstalling first due to
> interdependencies with myth). The following error occurs (after I installed
> all dependencies that the above complained about):
>
>  Processing listings for 'BBC One London' (london.bbc1.bbc.co.uk)
>  http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/94.dat: Can't use string
> ("1/1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at
> /usr/share/perl5/XMLTV.pm line 1590.
>
>  Any hints?

I would guess that your tv_grab_uk_rt grabber script is currrent, but
your XMLTV.pm library is still the old version (or you have multiple
versions installed and perl is using the wrong one). Please search for
all installation of XMLTV.pm and check their versions.

The same question was posted on the xmltv-users list almost a year ago
- they had the 0.5.49 libs installed with a newer release of the
grabber, and were seeing the exact same error. IIRC the cause of the
error is because the new grabber can store multiple star-ratings,
whilst the old versions of the library only support one.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: