[mythtv-users] Up-To-Date (UK) FreeSAT channel numbers?

Bradley Kite bradley.kite at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 23:14:20 UTC 2009

2009/2/1 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
> On 31/01/2009, Bradley Kite <bradley.kite at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi there.
>>
>>  Does any body have a proper list of free-set channels and their
>>  numbers? From scanning, the numbers are all messed up, like BBC 1 is
>>  6302 instead of 101. All the channel numbers from the scan are in
>>  their thousands and make no sense.
>>
>>  I found a list on the web here:
>>  http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freesatchannels.html but it seems out
>>  of date.
>
> The list was updated in Dec 2008. Is it any different to
> http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/satellite/freesatepg/ or
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_channels_on_Freesat ? Don't
> forget that you are receiving a lot of additional channels that are
> not part of the Freesat EPG.
>
>>  I'm trying to work on a way to automatically map the channel-numbers
>>  from the scan into something more sensible, so that after a scan you
>>  dont have to re-do every thing again in the channel editor.
>
> I'm not running trunk on my DVB-S card so I can't say whether the
> current channel scanner detects and uses the Freesat EPG channel
> numbers. Otherwise, a SQL script that renumbers the Freesat channels
> (using something pretty stable like their serviceid) is currently a
> good way to do it if you find yourself rescanning often.
>
> Nick
>
> --
> Nick Morrott

Hi,

I've been thinking about this a bit more... there must be a way to get
the mythtv channel scanner to "detect" (ie from scanning) the correct
freesat channel numbers?

I've found a much more comprehensive list of freesat channels (and
numbers) here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_channels_on_Freesat
but real freesat set-top-boxes must somehow pull in the correct
channel numbers from the EPG... I really dont want to spend hours
pruning all the free-to-air channels and re-numbering/renaming my
freesat channels every time - there must be an easier way?

Maybe a specific PID lists them or re-maps them or something?

Regards
--
Brad