[mythtv-users] OT: mATX HTPC cases with LCD/VFD

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 21:59:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 1:06 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 12:40:39PM +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> 2009/2/7 David Engel <david at istwok.net>:
>> > That isn't true for my Fusion, AFAICT.  I'm using the lirc_imon driver
>> > from lirc CVS and everything I know about works with one instance of
>> > lircd.
>>
>> What version of the LCD do you have ?
>>
>> I have the one with USB code 0038 as described here
>> http://mythtvblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/getting-imon-0038-lcd-working-with-lirc.html
>
> Like A JM, I have the 15c2:ffdc version.
>
>> When you install the lirc_imon kernel module it creates two devices:
>> lirc0 and lirc1
>>
>> lirc0 controls most of the button on the remote but the PC navigational keys
>> lirc1 controls the knob on the case and the PC navigational keys on
>> the remote...
>
> I only have lirc0 and all codes come through it.
>
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 09:15:25PM -0500, A JM wrote:
>> If the knob on the front works when I turn it left or right when
>> starting irw I see the output wouldn't that mean that lirc is working
>> correctly?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Shouldn't I just have to tell lirc what remote I'm using so that it
>> can interpret it?
>
> It depends on your remote.  I already had an mceusb compatible remote,
> but it still took a lot googling before I found an lircd.conf that
> worked.  None of the .conf files that came with lirc were entirely
> correct.  It's been awhile now, but I'm pretty sure the site that
> eventually helped me get everything working was
> http://mythbuntu.nl/hardware/antec-fusion-v2-imon-lcd-lirc-installation-guide.
>
> Alternatively, you can use irrecord to build your one
> lircd.conf.
>
> David
> --
> David Engel
> david at istwok.net

I've got an All In One 8910 remote, does anyone have a file that I can
use to program an MCE remote? It's been a while since I've used ir.exe
and the JP1 interface but I believe it's an .RDF file that I'm looking
for???

I think some are getting some help via customer support..

"OFA customer support upgraded the 8910 with code 1272 for use with MCE."

I'm not sure what they can do over the phone that I can't do with a
remote in hand... anyone have experience with that?

Thanks,