[mythtv-users] errors running mythfilldatabase uk

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 12:18:21 UTC 2009

On 08/02/2009, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> Mike Perkins wrote:
>  > Nick Morrott wrote:
>  >>
>  >> Please upgrade your version of XMLTV.
>  >>
>  >> After checking the RT listings source files, it appears the Radio
>  >> Times have just started to add a terms of usage line to the top of
>  >> each file, which will break older versions of the grabber which only
>  >> expect "code|channel" lines to be present. Newer versions of the
>  >> grabber ignore these and let grabbing continue.
>  >>
>  >> Nick
>  >>
>  > This may take some days to arrange. Do you have a work-around we can
>  > use till we get organised? For example, can I pull channels.dat, edit
>  > off the line, then run tv_grab_uk_rt with the edited file? How do I
>  > tell mfdb that I've done this?
>  >

> Updating to 0.5.53 from 0.5.50 seems to have fixed it for me.
>
>  I do get some warnings about using an old-style config file that I don't
>  think was there before but everything seems to have worked OK. Back up
>  to 14 days of listings :-)

The format of the config file that recent versions of the grabber use
changed a couple of releases ago. However, running a new version of
XMLTV with an old-style config file is fine - it will continue to use
the defaults the older versions of the grabber would have been using.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: