[mythtv-users] MBE loses tuners in SBE until I enter & exit from Mythtv-Setup

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 8 11:26:34 UTC 2009

> If you'd prefer a more active solution (i.e. using WOL or whatever),
> feel free to modify as desired (or just let Myth do the WOL for you as
> described above).

NB: I'm having the same problem on my MBE but it doesn't affect its own
operation. It will start successfully and operate as normal but will
only successfully WOL the slave if I restart mythtv-backend. By your
description I conclude the LAN isn't ready at the time it starts so the
magic packet does not escape.
However if I plan on using your wake on demand script for the slave
backend rather than the WOL inside the backend setup then a special
startup script for my MBE is redundant. All I need to do is get the
slave successfully connecting every time it is powered on in the
presence of the MBE.
Maybe the Mythbuntu guys should look at inserting a startup method that
allows for ubuntus apparent slow-off-the-mark network
connection/authentication.