[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Why can I pretend to change the volume if internal controls are disabled?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Feb 6 19:23:18 UTC 2009

Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> says:
> > I'm going to write up a patch to fix this but I wanted to get some
> > feedback about how to handle the response.
>
> > I'm leaning towards #1, but want to hear what the users / devs think.
>
> Unmap the "volume button" on your remote from MythTV and map it to you
> receiver.

No, I hear what Andrew's saying; note he says "pretend to change" and
"volume button in Myth."

In my case, I also disabled MythTV's internal volume controls and
(very gladly) have used my receiver's volume controls since moving to
S/PDIF. The internal volume controls' OSD still appears on the
screen--even if useless--if I push [, ], and | on my wireless
keyboard, however.

Andrew, I agree that this is a (very very very minor) bug and one, I'm
sure, that the developers would welcome a patch for. Go with your urge
toward option #1; the world doesn't need yet another pop-up reminder.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array