[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Why can I pretend to change the volume if internal controls are disabled?

Andrew Barbaccia andrew at monolithmc.com
Fri Feb 6 15:24:55 UTC 2009

I recently bought some new speakers (got a great deal on 5.1 polk audio from
newegg open box - perfect condition!) to hook up to my receiver. With the
speaker upgrade came the upgrade to SPDIF which went surprisingly well after
tinkering with a few settings.
One of the things that came out of it was the choice to disable internal
volume controls in place of using the receiver. When I press the volume
button in Myth though, the volume still pops up and shows it changing (but
it does nothing).

I'm going to write up a patch to fix this but I wanted to get some feedback
about how to handle the response.

1. Do nothing
2. Pop up some quick note

I'm leaning towards #1, but want to hear what the users / devs think.

Regards,
Andrew