[mythtv-users] OT: mATX HTPC cases with LCD/VFD

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 01:57:58 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/6 A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com>:
> What's the difference between the lirc file in my ubuntu 8.10 install
> that lives in /etc/lirc and the file requested by myth to be in /myth
> directory?

One contains the definition of your IR receiver and what the IR codes
are and give those codes a name.

The other is what action to apply for each IR name for mythtv

> When I start irw and turn the knob on the front of the case I can see
> the output in a terminal and the LCD is displaying "LCDproc Server" so
> I'm assuming it's good to go. I have a universal remote that used to
> work similar to the grey remote with an Hauppauge Pvr250 so I'm hoping
> I can find the lirc file that will allow me to not reprogram the
> remote...

Setting the IR receiver on the Antec Fusion is a bit of a pain, as
effectively there are two different receivers and you need to run two
lirc daemon