[mythtv-users] Moving recordings...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Thu Feb 5 22:21:04 UTC 2009

Hi...

Had a conversation w/someone about moving recordings from my MBE to my
SBE machine.  He said "no go".  So I'm turning the question onto you
guys to see if there is any hope...

My MBE is in need of HDD rearrangement.  So I bought a new SATA HDD and
soon discovered I was out of SATA ports on the MBE.  So into the SBE the
new HDD went.  However, my plans to move recordings from the MBE to the
SBE are up in the air.  Evidently, the new feature which allows mythtv
back ends to "find" recordings no matter what directory works only if
all recordings are confined to a particular machine.  That is, *not*
across different back ends.  Or, perhaps, I've interpreted the feature
incorrectly.  Thoughts?

...thanks