[mythtv-users] Questions about automated shutdown/startup...

Vladimir Shved vladimirshved at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 20:54:53 UTC 2009

I was looking for a script which would monitor LIRC, through cron
maybe?, if no commands recieved within X amount of time then play
sound for 30seconds, if no input received after sound, initiate
shutdown. For me ideal solution would be similar but also would
display a message but its just impossible, I don't think there is an
interface for scripts to display message at any screen, especially
when you're using external program to play something, like mplayer,
xine and etc.