[mythtv-users] ITV-HD FC10 RPMFUSION stuttering!!

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Thu Feb 5 19:40:33 UTC 2009

Another Sillyname wrote:
> 2009/2/4 Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com>:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is anyone here using the mythTV build from RPMFusion on a FC10
>> platform and trying to watch ITV-HD?
>>
>> Do you, like me, get stuttering during playback or is it a processor
>> related issue?
>>
>> BBC HD plays pure, clean and in glorious surround sound no prob.
>>
>> I read elsewhere on the list about a ITV-HD patch and am not sure if
>> it's been implemented on the RPMFusion build, don't really want to
>> annoy them if it's not working only on my box.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> OK then is anyone recording ITV-HD at all?
>
> Do you get stuttering on playback?
>
> If no which patches did you apply to your build?
>
> TIA

I've not seen any programs on ITV-HD recently (that I wanted to watch),
but I have recorded it in the past and it worked ok apart from causing
the front end to crash while seeking occasionally.

I think I posted about this a month or so ago, or replied to another
poster who was watching ITV-HD and said a similar thing.  Apparantly
there are some fixes in a later version of mythtv than am I running or
they might have been in svn, or in a resync of ffmpeg or something like
that.  Either way I didn't put too much effort into it because I didn't
find much to watch!!

I'm running 0.21-fixes on Gentoo and I've got the ITV-HD patches applied
from the ticket that is raised.  Dont have the URL to hand.

Robert.