[mythtv-users] Detailed log of mythfrontend activity?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Feb 5 18:17:56 UTC 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 10:14 AM, kanetse at gmail.com wrote:

> I know that mythfrontend, by default, displays a log to stdout when it
> is run.  However, is there way to get a more detailed log?  Somethings
> that mythfrontend doesn't log by default is (a) which programs are
> being watched and (b) which programs are deleted from the backend.
> This is information I'd like to track.
>
> Is there some flag I can pass to mythfrontend to display that?

bderman at mythtv:~$ mythfrontend -v help
2009-02-05 10:17:45.453 mythfrontend version: trunk [19847] www.mythtv.org
Verbose debug levels.
  Accepts any combination (separated by comma) of:

  "  all          "  -  ALL available debug output
  "  most         "  -  Most debug (nodatabase,notimestamp,noextra)
  "  important    "  -  Errors or other very important messages
  "  general      "  -  General info
  "  record       "  -  Recording related messages
  "  playback     "  -  Playback related messages
  "  channel      "  -  Channel related messages
  "  osd          "  -  On-Screen Display related messages
  "  file         "  -  File and AutoExpire related messages
  "  schedule     "  -  Scheduling related messages
  "  network      "  -  Network protocol related messages
  "  commflag     "  -  Commercial Flagging related messages
  "  audio        "  -  Audio related messages
  "  libav        "  -  Enables libav debugging
  "  jobqueue     "  -  JobQueue related messages
  "  siparser     "  -  Siparser related messages
  "  eit          "  -  EIT related messages
  "  vbi          "  -  VBI related messages
  "  database     "  -  Display all SQL commands executed
  "  dsmcc        "  -  DSMCC carousel related messages
  "  mheg         "  -  MHEG debugging messages
  "  upnp         "  -  upnp debugging messages
  "  socket       "  -  socket debugging messages
  "  xmltv        "  -  xmltv output and related messages
  "  dvbcam       "  -  DVB CAM debugging messages
  "  media        "  -  Media Manager debugging messages
  "  idle         "  -  System idle messages
  "  extra        "  -  More detailed messages in selected levels
  "  timestamp    "  -  Conditional data driven messages
  "  none         "  -  NO debug output

  The default for this program appears to be: '-v  "important,general" '

  Most options are additive except for none, all, and important.
  These three are semi-exclusive and take precedence over any
  prior options given.  You can however use something like
  '-v none,jobqueue' to get only JobQueue related messages
  and override the default verbosity level.

  The additive options may also be subtracted from 'all' by
  prefixing them with 'no', so you may use '-v all,nodatabase'
  to view all but database debug messages.

  Some debug levels may not apply to this program.