[mythtv-users] Can Myth 'tune' these 'free' converter boxes?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 18:04:41 UTC 2009

Hi,
   Comcast is giving me 3 of these 'free', low-end digital converter
boxes. Instead of using them on TVs I was wondering whether Myth can
tune them and I'll used them as a digital frontend to my PVR-150's. Is
this possible?

   These boxes have no USB or 1394 interfaces. There is an IR
connector for attaching a remote IR receiver if that helps. If you
need more info let me know but there isn't much more to these small
boxes.

   Comcast service techs told me that while there will be analog on
the cable after the switch to digital, it will only be channels 2-34.
I need to be able to record higher than 34. I was hoping to do it
without buying or renting new STBs if possible.

Thanks,
Mark