[mythtv-users] Good video card with HDMI out?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 00:47:18 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/5 Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>:
> There are *THREE* 8400GS card types!!!!!
> Only the newer ones have the VP3 capable, faster clocked, G98 chip.
> The other two have either the G84 or G86 chip which are only VP3
> capable.  My guess is that Mr Avenard has one of the older cards
> (because the G98 can do what his can't).

Certainly not, as if you had read my post more carefully I mentioned
that it can do VC-1 ; it's with the deinterlacing that it is
struggling.

It is definitely a G98 card

> Until we get a report from someone that has a 8400GS with a verified
> G98 chip don't make any assumptions.

sigh ... It seems that I'm making less assumptions than you, and at
least I properly read other's people post.

If you had bothered reading people report, the G98 based 8400gs card
struggle to do any advanced deinterlacing on HD content.