[mythtv-users] Analog firewire recordings end early due to 25% fewer frames

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Feb 4 23:29:37 UTC 2009

Tony Brummett <brummett at gmail.com> says:
> mplayer will show the framerate the video thinks it is, in the info it
> prints before the video starts playing.  What does that say?

I wish I'd thought of your suggestion earlier. mplayer indeed says
29.97fps when playing a sample clip.

I feel very foolish now (Certainly won't be the last time!), and am
more puzzled than ever. I can't explain the discrepancy in fps between
what mplayer reports at the start of playback and what mythfrontend -v
playback says, or what, exactly, changed for my cable service in
September 2007.

Another list member who is also a customer of the same cable company
has offered to try capturing analog channels via FireWire; I'll report
back on his findings.

(If nothing else, it's yet another reason to look forward to HD-PVR
support despite having FireWire work otherwise!)

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array