[mythtv-users] Good video card with HDMI out?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 18:50:00 UTC 2009

> I currently have my Myth box hooked up to my TV using a VGA cable... the TV
> also has an audio in jack associated with it so I have that as the input
> from my sound card. My video card (nVidia GeForce 6800 GS) also has a DVI
> output. Would I see any significant difference getting a cable like this for
> my connection over my current VGA setup. My TV is only a 32" LCD and only
> capable of 720p, not 1080.

If your TV has a HDMI input, get one of these.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&cs_id=1023104&p_id=2661&seq=1&format=2
If 3 feet isn't long enough get this
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&cs_id=1023104&p_id=1916&seq=1&format=2

I think you will see a huge difference.  At under $7 delivered
including tax, give it a try.  You may even find other cables on the
site and save some on the shipping per cable.

Allen