[mythtv-users] Is this a bug in Mythbackend? Was: Backend crash with malloc(): memory corruption (fast)

tim dennis tdennis.sub at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 05:58:18 UTC 2009

This bug occurs sooner when the backend is hard at work, either commercial
flagging, serving media to a frontend, recording multiple tuner The more the
backend is doing the sooner the Malloc Bug will occur. However, even if the
backend is at rest it will eventually trip up on the memory allocation and
die.

Disabling the commercial flagging is like you say only delaying the
inevitable.

As suggested in a different post I am now running the backend in a terminal
window with the following command:

MALLOC_CHECK_=3 mythbackend

Suggest you do the same and report back error messages when mythbackend bugs
out.

t.dennis
(mythbackend version: 0.21.20080304-1)