[mythtv-users] spdif and m3n78-em

Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Tue Feb 3 20:57:53 UTC 2009

-----Allen Edwards wrote: -----
>I have managed to get it working!
>

>The kernel module must be loaded with this option:
>

>options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-dig

>mythtv-users at mythtv.org

>Great news.  Congratulations!
>
>Would  you care to add a little color on how  you found this and the
>exact changes  you made and where to get it working?
>

>Allen

I searched for 'ALC1200 alsa' and found the answer on the alsa-user mailing
list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg24059.html

Where you make the changes depends on your distribution. I use OpenSuse and
tried to use Yast2, but for some reason it was not able to save the
changes.
I ended up adding this: options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-dig to:
/etc/modprobe.d/sound