[mythtv-users] Revision numbers: trunk vs fixes

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 02:44:11 UTC 2009

On 2/2/09, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do the revision numbers in trunk have any correlation to the revision
>  numbeers in 0.21-fixes?
>
>  For example the wiki says of uPnP and the xbox 360 "At least as of
>  trunk 17776M, this is streaming perfectly to XBOX 360 via UPnP"
>
>  So, for example, if I have fixes 19794, will that have the uPnP stuff
>  from trunk 17776?

Revision numbers are global, and apply to the entire repository-- ie
if one makes a revision to trunk, the *global* revision number is
incremented.  That's why it's key to specify branch/trunk.  If
you/someone were running -fixes at r17900 and another at r19000,
there's a real possibility that only a few of those intervening
revisions actually made changes to the branch you were running.

To answer your more specific question, .21 was originally released at
revision 16468.  Anything added after that is a fix or a backport.
Without being more specific about what code changes you are speaking
of, the only safe assumption is that you have all the uPnP
functionality as of 16468, and are probably missing most new
functionality added thereafter.

Robert