[mythtv-users] SCHEDULING: Chuck, House, HIMYM, and the Big Bang Theory

mons37318 at mypacks.net mons37318 at mypacks.net
Mon Feb 2 23:40:46 UTC 2009

yes this is for the USA

Greetings TV fans!
It's time for the annual trainwreck timeslot (well, this one is *ours*)

If you are a fan of House, Chuck, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, this may apply to you.

checking out my mythtv upcoming (which has *3* tuners)
here's what I found

Chuck on Tuner 1
How I Met Your Mother on Tuner 2
and
The Big Bang Theory on Tuner 3
House - recording next Saturday (or whatever day) on USA

myth seems to enjoy deconflicting by taking the two half hour shows, putting them on separate timers so that they can overrun - early/later (CBS enjoys doing this on Mondays) and looking for another airing of House.

I had to move the ending of Big Bang to a minute early (perhaps I should try putting both of them on "on time" - which show's timing do I trust more?) Who knows where things will end up. But at least House will be recording - unless the DVRs tuner card decides it just doesn't want to play, and gives me a 0 byte file. (thankfully the show that got that was a rerun of something. Jay suggests a new motherboard and CPU, I'm thinking we should start with upping from 512MB of RAM. I now have a desktop that has more than that.)

anyway, House is a special case, as it's generally rerun on USA within the week window myth is looking for it in.

--
Pam from Boston
Happily ever after means the show is really over.