[mythtv-users] plasma panels, hdmi and mythtv

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 03:22:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 1:07 AM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tonight, I thought I would try with a SVGA cable. The samsung reports
> correctly to the computer that it is 1920x1080 at 60Hz and to me, I actually
> think the image looks better. Would I be imagining it?

Possibly not. In theory there is very little difference between VGA, DVI,
and HDMI. I can't detect any difference on my desktop LCD monitor, for
example. But in practice one or the other may well be obviously superior. My
own (cheap, old, SD) plasma looks a lot better on DVI than VGA. It wouldn't
be at all surprised to find VGA looks better for your screen.

Cheers,
Steve