[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend crashes with no error after upgrade.

Jeremy Young jeremyrainman at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 31 22:34:05 UTC 2009

>> Here's my FE log: http://tinyurl.com/y9zhxdg

>> Here's the BE log for the same time: http://tinyurl.com/y8hvk3q
>>
>> I don't see anything in them that even indicates why the FE is crashing. There doesn't seem to be any error at all that is a problem. These were both done on verbose level 'most'
>
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/399371#399371 , perhaps (even if not >ATI).  Or, you have some 0.21-fixes plugin (MythStream?) on your system and it's crashing >the frontend.
>
>It would be a lot easier to see what's happening without all the garbage in the logs (i.e. without -v all or -v most or whatever you used).
>
>Mike

I've got an nVidia card, so the ati issue doesn't seem likely. But I did try those two arguments:

export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

before running the FE and it made no difference.

I don't know what to tell you about the logs being gigantic. Since I
see no obvious error in them, I'm at a loss as to what to look for. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to set -v to in order to diagnose this issue, I'm all ears.

----- Jeremy