[mythtv-users] Odd multiple-tuner LiveTV Behavior

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 31 20:45:23 UTC 2009

On 12/31/2009 03:27 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>
>> On 12/31/2009 11:42 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>>
>>> I'm watching Live TV, using Tuner #1 (HDHR tuner 1).  A show begins to
>>> record on Tuner #3 (HDHR tuner #2).  It kicks me out of LiveTV.  When
>>> I try to get back into LiveTV, I'm told that all of my tuners are
>>> being used, and lets me either exit or watch the one show that's
>>> recording.
>> When a show begins to record, it will use the next available tuner, which
>> would be #2, not #3.  If it needs to change the multiplex, it will do so and
>> kick you off LiveTV on tuner #1.  When you try to go back into LiveTV, it
>> will use the now free tuner #1, however its last channel is on a multiplex
>> it cannot currently tune, hence the error entering LiveTV.
>>
>> Somewhere in the settings is one to 'Prevent conflicts between LiveTV and
>> recordings'.  This will cause LiveTV to pull the last available tuner,
>> rather than the first.
> See, that's the thing.  Tuner #2 is on the same multiplex as Tuner #1.
>  Tuners 3 & 4 are on the same multiplex.  Tuner 5 doesn't have the
> channel that was being recorded.  It appears Myth picked the correct
> tuner, but still kicked the other tuner off.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/369358#369358

Read the entire post.  The solution you should use is the one at the end
("It's possible you could get around this issue..."), but you'll need
all the information that's presented in the beginning, including the
walkthrough of the "works, but not ideal" approach.

Mike