[mythtv-users] low profile s-video capture card with hardware encoding

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Dec 31 20:11:01 UTC 2009

On 12/31/2009 10:57 AM, Sasha Sirotkin wrote:

> Any recommendations for a low profile PCI or PCI Express analog video
> capture card with s-video input and hardware encoding ?
>
> PVR-150 is almost impossible to find...

PVR-150s and 500s are readily available on eBay, however the low profile
150s were not common even when being manufactured.  I see three
available on eBay at the moment, however they are considerably more
expensive than the full size versions. The HVR-2250 is a low profile
MPEG encoder, however there is currently no analog support in linux.

Your other options:
         Just buy a big card, put it in an old box, and shove it in your
closet as your backend.
         Buy an old WinTV-PVR-USB2. Youre going to have to go on eBay
for this like the other PVR cards.
         Buy a newer WinTV-HVR-1950 USB.