[mythtv-users] Odd multiple-tuner LiveTV Behavior

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 16:42:51 UTC 2009

I currently have a master backend connected directly to a HDHR
(multiplexed) and a Firewire cable box, for a total of 5 tuners.  I
have noticed the following behavior from a remote frontend:

I'm watching Live TV, using Tuner #1 (HDHR tuner 1).  A show begins to
record on Tuner #3 (HDHR tuner #2).  It kicks me out of LiveTV.  When
I try to get back into LiveTV, I'm told that all of my tuners are
being used, and lets me either exit or watch the one show that's
recording.

Shouldn't it automatically default me to either my other HDHR tuner,
or the cable box?  It's already recognizing that it should use the
unused HDHR tuner to record the scheduled show, so I don't know why it
kicks me out of LiveTV in the first place.