[mythtv-users] Mac Mini and Broadcom Crystal HD PCI Express mini-card

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Thu Dec 31 06:40:13 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> Thanks, I ordered one.
>
> Granted they are a tad pricey, Logic Supply tends to be that way, but
> their strength is that they have things difficult or impossible to
> find elsewhere.
>
> IMHO $70 beats chasing one around the world and fooling with
> international shipping etc.
>
> I may never use it, as I'm building an ION frontend, but it's good to
> have one anyway, an interesting toy.

Doesn't look like logicsupply has the bcm970015 card.  Ebay doesn't return
anything either...

I could get a BCM970012, but it looks like the 15 will support DivX/XviD and
Flash 10.1 acceleration.  Am I correct in assuming the 12 doesn't support
those things then?  I saw a forum post about the 12 supporting Flash
acceleration in a beta driver, but that was just a blip on the radar screen.

Maybe I'll wait for the BCM970015?  It's all so exciting.  My appletv just
had a breath of new life breathed into it...  Best $200 I ever spent so
far...

Brian