[mythtv-users] Card sharing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 31 01:45:48 UTC 2009

On 12/30/2009 08:41 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 5:39 PM, freedenizen wrote:
>
>> My only point is that it is hard to proactively follow a rule that
>> seems to be not be as rigid as it is written.  If it were hard and
>> fast some things that are allowed for discussion would be banned.  If
>> you are in a country where X is legal, are you going to think, well
>> maybe a user somewhere isn't allowed to do this so I better not ask a
>> question?
>>

> We have to take things as they come.  This is *well worn* ground, and
> is a specifically mentioned off limits topic on the list rules.  If
> something new and noteworthy comes up, we can address that, but *this*
> topic is well established as off limits.  Let's let this topic go.

How about we put it like this:  We don't want the New York Times to call
us all a bunch of thieves, again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/30/arts/television/30manl.html?ex=1264741200&en=e82b9db497df2928&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

So the rule is, "Try to do anything you can to prevent them from seeing
us as a bunch of thieves."

Mike