[mythtv-users] Card sharing

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 01:07:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:
> Not to be a Ass or abything.
> But here in denmark - several channels are open on free to air channels -
> But should  have the standard card - for beeing able to see these channels -
> But aren't breaking the laws for this topic.
>
> Thats allso a offtopic question, but I do not think that My answer are
> breaking the rules - following the danish rules!
> Allthough Cardsharing arent allowed anywhere - Its still free openair
> channels - THat are using the satelite to transport the free openair
> channels - but still you need the standard card from your Satelite station.
>
> Sorry the problems - But depending on what and which - This is a tricky
> question, but can allso see it from your point of view

Please read the link.

"Discussion of any topics that may be considered illegal or
questionably legal in any of the areas that MythTV developers and/or
users reside (especially the United States as the mailing lists are
hosted in the United States) is prohibited.

    Do not even mention these things in passing within another discussion.
    This is non-negotiable.
    Making it "hypothetical" does not make it OK.
    These rules are meant to protect the MythTV developers and the
project itself. Even if you feel that your actions are not in
violation of any laws, terms of service, contracts, or rules of
ethics, please consider how an outsider who has not followed the
thread and/or sees only parts of your post out of context and/or who
may live in an area whose laws differ from yours may interpret your
statements. In the past, the MythTV project has already been painted
as just another tool used by file sharers and copyright violators in a
New York Times article entitled, "Steal This Show". "

Important thing to note is that it *doesn't matter* if it's legal
where you are, it's that it's illegal where the MythTV devs, who
absorb liability for the actions of this project, reside.

You don't have to like it, but the least you can do when you are
getting the software for free and not paying project legal bills is
respect the rules.

Robert