[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

Ben Woodhouse ben32768 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 30 22:06:41 UTC 2009

On 12/30/2009, 10:06 AM, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean[at]thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>And, remember there's both a "seek" button (default 30s forward (Right)
>and (the useless) 5s backwards (Left)

Sorry just to clarify, I'm referring to the seek forward/back buttons, which on my set are set to 30 and 10 seconds.

>You probably shouldn't be using the skip forward button held down.
>(Sure, it would be nice if it worked--patches appreciated--but I doubt
>/anyone/ has ever really tested it that way). Instead, if you want to
>keep moving quickly through the show, use sticky fast forward (>) or
>sticky rewind (<).

I don't really accept that I shouldn't be using it like that. I've tried the sticky ffwd, and I do use it occasionally, but I find holding the seek/jump forward much more efficient for skipping quickly through a show. It worked fine for a number of years until it broke in 0.22.

>but I doubt /anyone/ has ever really tested it that way).
Fortunately now someone has :-) (although I find it hard to believe I'm the only one)