[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Dec 30 18:54:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, December 29, 2009 6:34 pm, Johnny wrote:
>...confusing
> usability with "what I am used to" is a false notion. The new freedom
> of the MythUI can actually greatly improve the usability but it is up
> to the theme writer to make that happen.

That's a good point.

I've actually always thought using the right arrow to access a context
menu was very counter-intuitive.  It's easy once you know about it but the
first time I did it was by accident, and I wondered how I got there.  (I
also think Boxee's method of using the left arrow to access menus is
unintuitive, especially since it's quite inconsistent.)

I think the root of the complaint (besides "I'm used to the old way") is
that Myth requires two different menu keys for full functionality, which
forces a bit of improvisation on some smaller remotes.  I usually bind one
of them to an otherwise unused key, but it did take a while to get
everyone in my household used to the idea that "FULL SCREEN" was actually
a menu button...