[mythtv-users] analog video capture cards

Sasha Sirotkin Sasha.Sirotkin at comsysmobile.com
Wed Dec 30 15:36:37 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Brian Wood
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:45 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] analog video capture cards

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 12:20:17 am Sasha Sirotkin wrote:
> What analog video capture cards work with Mythtv ? By analog I mean
> s-video/RCA, not analog broadcasting.
>

> The relevant section on the web site is not up to date - most of the
> cards listed there are not sold anymore.

Sounds like you're in the USA. With the demise of analog NTSC
broadcasting
analog cards are getting hard to find.

E-Bay might be a source.

The "gold standard" of analog cards for Myth is/was probably the
Hauppauge
PVR-x50 series, but other cards/devices can be made to work.

HD-3000/5500 cards will work, but require software encoding. The Plextor
PX-
TV402U devices also work, but all of these are getting hard to find, as
you
have discovered.

As I'm thinking to use NVIDIA ION platform I would prefer a card with
hardware encoding.

Again, just to clarify, I don't really need to receive analog
broadcasting, but rather video input via s-video.
named recipient(s) only.