[mythtv-users] Problem Playing ATSC Recordings from CBS

David Linville dlinvill at networksdown.com
Tue Dec 29 23:10:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Patrick Kirchner <
patrickkirchner at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I play it with MythTV , it starts very jerky/choppy/no-audio and the
> only way I can get stop the jerky/choppy/no-audio is by changing the time
> stretch to something other than 0, then back to 0 again.

That sounds like an audio thing.  I think when you add time stretch it
switches from 5.1 to stereo in order to do the speedup magic and stays
stereo even when you go back to 0 time stretch.  I can see the audio change
from 5.1 on my receiver and not go back.

I guess that doesn't help you much but explains the time stretch mystery.

David