[mythtv-users] PVR-250, s-video input and mythbuntu

James Thorpe james at tfxsoft.com
Tue Dec 29 09:48:30 UTC 2009

On 29/12/2009 09:41, Andy wrote:
> Hi people
>
> I'm trying to set up a mythbuntu box using the s-video of my PVR-250
> card which is connected to my skybox.
> The TV card does work via testing with mplayer/vlc. The problem is
> that during the mythtv-setup is that it tries to force me to choice a
> channel for the s-video input and it refuse to let me enter one manually.

I had exactly the same problem recently with my PVR-150.  Turns out that
once you've got your channel list (via xmltv or whatever), you need to
go into the channel editor and assign the channel numbers manually.
Once that's done, you can return to this screen and set the starting
channel.

Hope that helps!
James.