[mythtv-users] Confused database?

Rich Wilson richaw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 06:54:39 UTC 2009

My mythbuntu system seems to be working mostly, but there
is a puzzling problem with program descriptions. If I highlight
a program in the program guide, or in watch recordings, the program
description is frequently that of a completely different program, but
I think always one on the same channel. I had this problem back in 0.21,
(Open SUSE, compiled from svn -fixes) and hoped it would disappear
when I started over with a new load of mythbuntu (0.22 fixes (22594)).
Everything seemed fine for a while, then I saw one bad
one, and then gradually more. Whatever was causing the problem must
have tagged along in my database dump and restore.
Running optimize_mythdb.pl doesn't seem to make any difference.
Does it report if any errors are found?
How can I figure out what's going on and eliminate this problem?
(if it involves SQL, I'll need to find a tutorial :-)

--
Rich Wilson