[mythtv-users] Frontend identification

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 21:35:52 UTC 2009

I had to reload one of my frontends(mythbuntu).  I had custom settings
in appearance setup.

pixel size and horizontal off set so my "Watch Recordings" screen
would display correctly because of over scan issues I have with this
frontend.

When I went into the setups for it,  all the settings were already there.

I am using "Use custom identifier for frontend prefrences"

It was missing the setting for "Use custom identifier for frontend
prefrences" but all the rest was there.

It's setup with the same username, hostname and IP

So some how mythtv knows how to do this.

Just an FYI