[mythtv-users] This hardware look ok for HD setup? (steve)

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 17:31:02 UTC 2009

> Per Kevin’s suggestion, I’ll get one of the newer cards. Is there anything
> to recommend the 2xxx cards over the 8xxx or 9xxx?

There are only two things I can think of that are new with the 2xx
cards. They have added support for VDPAU decode of MPEG4 part 2 (aka
xvid/divx), and they have added support for new hardware scaling that
is supposed to be superior. Oh and a 3rd would be that they have a
smaller power footprint, like 7 W at idle.