[mythtv-users] This hardware look ok for HD setup? (steve)

steve networks1 at cox.net
Sun Dec 27 02:16:35 UTC 2009

Hey thanks a ton for the pointers!

Per Kevin's suggestion, I'll get one of the newer cards. Is there anything
to recommend the 2xxx cards over the 8xxx or 9xxx?  I know most of these
things are intended for 3d gaming so I don't want to pay a lot for
capability I'm never going to use.

 I did the 3 gHz because the wiki writeup said you need 3gHz to handle HD
playback, and dual core because I plan to run front/back on the same machine
and I don't want to get into problems if I record an HD stream at the same
time I'm playing one.

Per Brian's suggestion, I'll get a separate drive for the OS/Software.